Water conservation and restrictions
Our Water Alerts and Restrictions help us to manage the demand on the town water supply so there is enough water for everyone to use during this time. If you notice a water leak in your street please contact us straight away on 0800 932 4357.
Te Kuiti, Piopio, Mokau and Benneydale water supplies are on Level 2 – Restriction.
Reduce non-essential water use.
- Use sprinklers on alternate days between 6-8am and 6-8pm (e.g. even street numbers on even days; odd street numbers on odd days).
- Hand held hosing is allowed at any time.
Water saving tips:
- Always use a twist or trigger nozzle when using your hose.
- Use a timer with your sprinkler or irrigation system and be mindful where you position it so that you are watering plants, not paved areas.
- Use a cover on permanent and portable pools to prevent evaporation and use appropriate chemicals to keep the water fresh.
- Use a broom and/or bucket to clean hard surfaces such as footpaths and driveways.
- Wash your car/boat/caravan on an area of lawn.
- Shorten your shower.
- Put a bucket in the shower while you’re waiting for the water to warm up, and use the water you catch for watering plants, flushing the toilet or cleaning.